Lakewood MDO: Where the child comes first.
New school times starting with the 2015-2016 school year:
Drop off is at 9 am and pick up is at 2 pm!
The first day of school is August 22, 2016!
2017-2018 Registration Time!
Our existing students will register for 3 day a week spots beginning on Feb. 13, and for 2 or 1 day a week spots beginning on Feb. 21. Open enrollment to the public begins on March 6. Our office hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays from 8:45-2:30.
To register your child for the 2017-2018 school year, please download and complete this registration form and bring it along with your registration fee of $40 for Nursery through 3 year old classes or $100 for the Pre-K4 class to our MDO office.
All classes are filled on a first come-first served basis. Our Pre-K4 class is exclusively 3 days a week. All other classes can accept 3, 2 or 1 day a week students as availability allows.
And you'll need to download the 2016 / 2017 Parent Handbook.
About Our Program:
You can contact us by email or at (501) 753-6199.
"The child first" is a tradition at Lakewood United Methodist Mother's Day Out. Each child is an individual and should grow and develop at his or her own pace. Our staff strives to nurture growth in feelings by loving, accepting and approving of the children for what they are. Good personal relationships are also encouraged so that the child gains independence and learns cooperation.
Our program is designed to give your child a safe, stimulating environment in which to learn and grow. All classes have a structured day, with many learning activities taking place. These learning experiences are planned to challenge your child without exerting undue pressure to perform. We want your child to enjoy the time spent with us.
We plan five holiday parties a year: Fall Festival, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's and Easter. Birthdays may be celebrated if the parent coordinates with the teachers in advance.
Staffing and Safety:
- Our Director of Mother's Day Out is the very experienced and loving Sarah Ables. Contact her by email or at (501) 753-6199.
- We are a fully licensed facility and follow all state regulations pertaining to the welfare of children.
- Our program has been inspected and approved by the Arkansas Child Care Facility Review Board and by the local fire department.
- Fire and weather drills are practiced monthly.
- All staff members obtain continuing education requirements yearly and most are trained in CPR.